Monday, September 28, 2009

Tip of the Week

Make your own baby wipes at home!!
All you need is a roll of Bounty paper towel, cut in half (so you have 2 short rolls), a large margarine tub, about 2 1/2c of hot water and 2-3 tbsp of baby bath. Mix the water and baby bath in the tub, place the paper towel in (standing up). Do not take out the cardboard centre right away, the water will make it soft and it will pull out easily. Now you are ready to use them..the paper towel will pull out from the centre of the container. Make sure you seal the container though...it will dry out.
Also..the BEST thing for diaper rash...apply vaseline and then cornstartch! Works like a charm!! (careful though...do not grab the flour by mistake, I did that and my daughters diaper looked like she was making cake dough!!)

~Helen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing at the flour instead of cornstarch! I would've like to seen your face when you took the diaper off!

Helen VK said...

It was a big mess, but oh so funny!!! I probably shouldn't write down what I said when I opened that diaper up!