Tuesday, September 15, 2009

How my 2 year old broke my nose!


What a good morning! It felt so good to be back at MOMS. I am so glad we have a room leader for every room AND a Child Coordinator. It was also great of Joanne to come and help us out - the first morning is such a busy one!!!

So I told y'all I would tell you how Jeremy broke my nose and here I am - telling you yet another story. All righty... my daughter Megan (who is 7) has bunk beds in her room. Jeremy loves going on the top bunk and is great at climbing up the ladder... but doesn't like coming back down. So he sits at the top cross legged and yells for us to come get him down. Here is how he comes down - he count to three or counts backwards from five like the Little Einsteins and then freefalls forward headfirst with his arms out and we catch him.


Tuesday, August 11, 2009

This next paragraph happened over the course of about 5 seconds... I am standing there waiting for him to come down but was looking to the right when he quickly counted backwards and fell forward - so his head caught the the left side of my nose/eye/forehead. Now this is the important part - I CAUGHT HIM... but then immediately put him down when I heard the crunch (you're all squirming in your seats right now with that heeby jeeby feeling in your stomach) and screamed. I put my hand up to my nose and moved it back and forth at the top (again, you've got the heeby jeeby feeling in your stomach), put my hand under my nose to catch the stream of blood that started coming and thought to myself... "Oh x-x-x-x (4 letter word for crap that's not nice) this can't be happening" and by the time that thought was finished I had my head over the sink and had grabbed the closest cloth that was there - which happened to be a Norwex cloth (insert crap word again here).

This next paragraph happened over the course of about 2 minutes... the girls come running asking what happened before I was out of the bedroom. I tell them Jeremy broke my nose and they both start crying and screaming. So now all three of my kids are screaming while I'm hanging over the bathroom sink. Jeremy is trying to crawl up my leg as I yell to Sydney (she's 9) to get the phone and call her Dad (she informed me afterwards she thought she was gonna get to call 911). A side note here is that my best friend lives right across the street and she is ALWAYS home - literally, she does daycare and is always home during the day - but they had taken a 3 day trip to Lethbridge. So, Megan ran screaming back into her room and slammed the door shut so I was yelling for her to come and get Jeremy away from me. Ryan gets on the phone and I tell him Jeremy broke my nose and there's nothing... silence... then he says, "Are you sure?" WHAT????? Seriously???? I tell him to come home then hang up on him cause I feel like I'm gonna get sick but thankfully didn't. Megan is now in the living room and yells at me, "How do know it's broken?" ***WARNING - THE NEXT SENTENCE IS RATED R**** I reply, "Because it's f*$#ing crooked and it's moving!" Yep, I dropped the f-bomb on my 7 year old. SHE starts crying again and says, "But I don't want a Mommy with a crooked nose!". Ha... ha ha... ha. No, I was not laughing for real.

Ryan gets home, we get ahold of our other neighbour and his son comes over to watch the girls - irony here is that he's 10... and Sydney is 9... but his Dad was home in case he needed any help. I wasn't too concerned about the kids at that moment. We head to Emergency at St. Paul's - I wait for 3 hours to be told that there is too much swelling and fluid to do anything there. He gets me an appointment with an ENT (ear, nose, throat) for Monday morning and says he'll fix it up then for me. I spend the entire weekend FREAKING out because this is gonna hurt only to be told that "Oh no, that is much too uncomfortable to do in the office" and get booked in for surgery that Thursday. Surgery? Yep. Surgery.

The Aftermath...

There isn't much to the story after this point - surgery was okay. I felt like crap afterwards and had to eat my lasagna with my head laying on the table I felt so sick but I was soooo hungry (I'm a big fan of food) cause all they gave me afterwards was 2 pieces of toast. Those of you who saw me at church that Sunday saw me with a splint and the after effect of this whole thing is a crooked nose. Yes, if you look carefully you'll see that it's a bit crooked but I have decided against doing anything to fix it cause that would mean surgery again - and I figure as long as my breathing is okay why mess with a good thing. As far as I'm concerned my crooked nose = another life story.

2 comments:

Nathan & Ashley said...

I just about peed when you said you dropped the eff bomb on your daughter! Glad I'm not the only one that's happened to.
I think your nose looks fine! And Edward would love it too!

Anonymous said...

BAH just read your comment tonight - and it made me laugh... ahhh, to think it's been over a year since our journey with Edward :-)