Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What has been on my mind

Well ladies, I'm not going to lie. The last little while has been a bit tough on me. Seems like everywhere I turn I keep running into tragedy and tough times and I'm beginning to feel a bit deflated and down in the dumps. Then I think to myself, if I can feel this way, I can't imagine how a non-believer can cope. When I get feeling this way, I have my faith to fall back on and bring me peace and hope. What do people do who don't have God? Now I'm not downplaying the importance of banning together and supporting each other and praying for each other during tough times. I believe that we are called to do this, but maybe we don't put enough emphasis on the praiseworthy things that happen in our lives?? If I were to open up my mailbox and be flooded with messages of people praising God for the wonderful things that he is doing in their lives, that would be so amazing! Those are the things that we need to keep hearing to give us hope and encouragement, to keep going and to keep "the faith" for lack of better words. Then I think we would be filled up for those that are going through tough times and I think I would have more to give that person, and more energy to keep reaching for those who are not saved.
This morning Shauna shared a little bit of her journey with us, and seriously, hearing stories like that are what keeps me going and keeps a fire under me to serve on this ministry. So thank you again for reminding me Shauna, that this ministry does make a difference in not only women's lives, but the lives of their families and other people that they are in contact with. That is truly amazing, and definitely worth celebrating! The fact that someone I know has found Jesus, I have no words.
So I challenge you all to look for those things to praise God for. What has He been doing in your life or in the lives of those around you that is worth celebrating. Who do you know that has been saved and now shares that eternal hope. If you feel like you can, leave a comment and let us know and we will celebrate with you. Nothing can make a girl feel better than a party, (well maybe some chocolate cake) so lets celebrate and praise God for all that he is doing that is amazing!
~Teri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Over lent I read "A Purpose Drive Life" by Rick Warren. After reading your post my mind was drawn back to some of the pages I have marked and I want to share with you. Page 50 - "In order to keep us from becoming too attached to earth, God allows us to feel a significant amout of discontent and dissatisfaction in life - longings that will never be fulfilled on this side of eternity. We're not completely happy here because we're not supposed to be." Page 98 - "Pain is the fuel of passion - it energizes us with an intensity to change that we don't normally posess. It is God's way of arousing us from spiritual lethargy. Your problems are not punishment; they are wake up calls from a loving God." Page 111 - "During times of spiritual dryness, you must patiently rely on the promises of God, not your emotions, and realize that he is taking you to a deeper level of maturity." Page 193 - "God has a purpose behind every problem." Page 194 - "Problems force us to look to God and depend on him instead of ourselves." You may have already read the book but in times of sadness/sorrow/frustration I have been drawn back to it a lot - it has reminded me that I need to get back on my spiritual track and think better thoughts. Know that you are surrounded by people who LOVE you and are blessed to know you - thinking about you and will be keeping you in my prayers.