Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mexicali Pasta Salad

Here is the salad that I was planning on making for the Salad Night this past Tuesday. I have since made it for my family and everyone loved it. A great summer side dish. I found it on the http://www.kraftcanada.com website. Enjoy:)

4cups wagon wheel pasta, uncooked (I used egg noodles, it's what I had!)
1 can (19FL oz/540ml) rinsed and drained black beans
1 cup thawed corn (I used 1 can nibblets corn)
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
2 green onion thinly sliced
1/2 cup Ranch Dressing
1 Tbsp Taco Seasoning Mix (I used spicy as I like more zip!)
1 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro (I did not have any, and it was fine without)

Cook Pasta until done. Drain, and rinse with cold water. Drain will. Place in large bowl. Add next 4 ingredients. Mix. In seperate bowl mix dressing, seasoning mix, and lime juice. Add to salad and toss to coat. Top with cheese and cilantro.

No comments: