Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Good Morning!

Guess what time I got up this morning? 7:30!!!! I set my alarm last night and got a wake up check up call from Shelby at about 7:35... just to make sure (and she did ask if I was actually out of bed and not just laying there awake). My reward? I was in the kitchen when Megan (my middle one) came out of her room and she looked at me with well, complete and total surprise and confusion to be honest and asked why did you set your alarm before mine? My answer - I wanted to get up with you guys this morning. Her response? She ran across the kitchen and gave me the biggest hug, looked up at me with a huge smile and then hugged me again. Wow. Talk about your heart stuttering.
She just left for school and as always, wanted a mouth smacking lip on lip kiss (definitely her love language) and I told her that God is always with her. Big smiles, big hug and she is off and ready to face the day.

My oldest (Sydney). Yea... kind of like pulling teeth with that girl to get any sort of response but I like to think she is smiling on the inside. We even managed to keep the TV off until after 8:00 and Jeremy actually ate his breakfast at the table instead of on the couch watching TV.

And the blizzard outside? Who cares. I had a great morning and spring is in the air!

No comments: