Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My Pantry

I would like to interupt this program for a review of my pantry. Quick... name the four food groups... was ketchup one of them? Well it is in my house! First things first... you need to know that I have nothing against the Happy Pantry lady - I quite enjoyed this morning's show - but she would probably have a heart attack if she came to look in my pantry.

Cheerios are good - great... ours our Honey Nut. Oatmeal is another good one - okee dokee we buy the Maple and Brown Sugar and sometimes add MORE brown sugar. Rice Krispies - excellent, but most of the time mine are mixed in with melted marshmallows. I was sooo happy to hear that cheese strings are good - at least I had something in my fridge that was on the table!

I try. I really do try. My kids have to pack one fruit or veggie in their lunches and cheese is always included... I also try to remember to tell them they have to have fruit first when they come home from school and there are always cold carrots/cucumbers on the table at supper. So that's three servings down... and how many to go???

So please tell me, what do you pack in your kids lunches for snacks (other than fruits/veggies)? The regulars around here are bear paws, crackers, granola bars, cookies, etc. What can you buy for snacks and lunches that is healthy, tastes good (this is a key requirement) and is relatively inexpensive... because let's face it... healthy foods are more expensive.

I was actually inspired by this morning's show... I would like to take some steps (we'll start with baby steps) to making meals a bit more healthy around here. I would like you all to take a moment and share some healthy eating tips with everyone - you don't have to sign up to make a comment on the blog and you can even leave "anonymous" comments. I hope to hear from all of you!!!

No comments: