Tuesday, October 8, 2013

We are human... and we are all different.

We were blessed to have guest speaker, Angie Fedorchuk, join us this morning at MOMS.  Angie challenged us to reflect on a few things.  She stated:


"We are human.  We are all different.  What makes you unique is not what makes me unique and that is good.  Appreciate the difference that you have.  What are you strengths?  Truly - what are your strengths?  Focus on those and not your perceived shortcomings!  Focus on the beauty of you and not that little bit that isn't perfect.  I would like to challenge you to reflect on a few things.  Take a tea, find your happy place and take a look at the following questions...
  1. What are my strengths?
  2. What do I want my life to look like?
  3. I am most happy when...
  4. I feel like I am honoring God when...
  5. The things that make me feel most out of control are?
These things will help you discover your uniqueness, your values, your place here in life."


Angie also suggested that we start gratitude journals because even when we feel like nothing is going our way, if you think about it - there is always something to be grateful for.  At the start or end of each day, take a moment to reflect and write down 10 things that you are grateful for.   It doesn't have to be big and monumental - just something that happened that day that you are grateful for.  I have done this in the past and one of the best things about doing it is that when you are having a really bad day you can read back through your lists - it really helps to put what is happening to you at that moment into perspective and focus on the positive rather than the negative.  Have a wonderful week ladies!


No comments: