Sunday, February 13, 2011

Behind the Scenes

Sunday morning 10:00 service

It wasn't exactly on my bucket list but if I actually had a bucket list it probably would've been! Ashley and I did the announcements at Church this weekend - and it was a bit nerve wracking. We went early Saturday for a run through at 5:00 and then hung around until it was time for service - which doesn't really help the nerves. I totally did not realize all the work it takes to run the show and there are a lot of behind the scenes people who deserve a round of applause! There weren't a lot of people at the Saturday service and other than feeling a bit nautious I think it went pretty good. I was kind of banking on the spot lights blinding me so I wouldn't be able to see - yea, it doesn't really work that way. My husband came to the Saturday service and I did see him and the usual smirk/smile he has on his face whenever I'm doing any sort of public speaking. He's kind of cute. The 10:00 service on Sunday busy. Standing on the side waiting to go on stage I was actually feeling a bit dizzy and I should've taken Mike up on the clipboard offer cause my hands were a bit shaky. Ashley almost took a impromptu holiday to BC last week and I am so grateful she didn't! It was nice to have a partner in crime and we had some good laughs - it was actually kind of fun. Thanks to Rachel, Bernice and Shelby for sitting in the front row and supporting us! We even got a bit of applause at the end!


The Green Room

I thought it was pretty cool that we got to go in the green room. It's like we're part of an elite club or something! I would like to thank the volunteers who brought food to the green room for us all. Breakfast was sooo good - french toast, bacon, sausage, fruit, cheese... the worship team and behind the scenes people spend a large part of their Saturday and Sunday at Church and I think it's wonderful that volunteers from the Church take the time to come in and bring food.

Don't forget that registration night is this Tuesday - the 15th! It's from 6:30 to 7:30 in the lobby and I am looking very forward to seeing everyone there. If you can't make it that night you can still register on the first morning - which is Tuesday, March 1st. See you all in a couple of days!!!!

3 comments:

MOMS Ministry Team said...

You ladies did a great job! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this for Lakeview and the MOMS ministry:)

Helen VK said...

You two ladies did fabulous up there!! Thank you so much for all you do for MOMS!

Bernice said...

Great Job Girls!! You deserved the applause!